Symptoms: Friends of the Fear
Every case of witchcraft fear is a little different.
Why? Because the core of the problem – the patterns of thinking, the images, movies, sounds and dialog that are internally associated with witches or witchcraft – are different in each person.
But while the 'internal representations' as they are called are different from person to person there are a number of symptoms which are common to many wiccaphobes:
- A feeling of uncontrollable anxiety when you think about or are exposed to witches or witchcraft
- The feeling that you must do everything possible to avoid witches or witchcraft
- The inability to function normally because of your anxiety
- Often, the knowledge that your fears are unreasonable or exaggerated but feeling powerless to control them
Wiccaphobic symptoms can be mental, emotional and physical. The anxiety and fear can go from mild feelings of apprehension to a full-blown panic attack.
Typically, the closer you are to what you’re afraid of, the greater your fear will be. You can test the severity of your problem with this 2-minute online witchcraft fear test.
But because the fear is a physical response to patterns of thinking about witches or witchcraft and not the actual witches or witchcraft almost all people with witchcraft fear can create a very strong reaction just by using their mind.
> For help chaging these patterns of thinking, read this article How to Overcome Witchcraft Fear.
- Obsessive Thoughts
- Difficulty thinking about anything other than the fear
- Really bad images and/or movies of witches or witchcraft
- Feelings of unreality or of being detached from yourself
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of fainting
- Anticipatory Anxiety: Persistent worrying about upcoming events that involve witches or witchcraft
- Terror: A persistent and overwhelming fear of the same
- Desire to Flee: An intense instinct to leave the situation (which is tough when its purely in the mind)
While not generally experienced at the same time as witchcraft fear episode, we find that overall when they think about their past, most clients have elevated levels of one or more of:
- Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt & Guilt
- Dizziness, shaking, palpitations.
- Shortness of breath or smothering sensation
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Trembling or shaking
- Feeling of choking
- Nausea or stomach distress
- Feeling unsteady, dizzy, lightheaded, or faint
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Hot or cold flashes
Or learn more about Witchcraft Fear: