Symptoms: Friends of the Fear
Every case of being infested with worms phobia is a little different.
Why? Because the core of the problem – the patterns of thinking, the images, movies, sounds and dialog that are internally associated with worm infestation – are different in each person.
(Note that most cures offered for being infested with worms phobia – expecially using drugs and medications – will tackle only the symptoms, not the thinking that is the actual core of the problem).
But while the 'internal representations' as they are called are different from person to person there are a number of symptoms which are common to many helminthophobes:
- A feeling of uncontrollable anxiety when you think about or are exposed to worm infestation
- The feeling that you must do everything possible to avoid worm infestation
- The inability to function normally because of your anxiety
- Often, the knowledge that your fears are unreasonable or exaggerated but feeling powerless to control them
Helminthophobic symptoms can be mental, emotional and physical. The anxiety and fear can go from mild feelings of apprehension to a full-blown panic attack.
Typically, the closer you are to what you’re afraid of, the greater your fear will be. You can test the severity of your problem with this 2-minute online being infested with worms phobia test.
But because the fear is a physical response to patterns of thinking about worm infestation and not the actual worm infestation almost all people with being infested with worms phobia can create a very strong reaction just by using their mind.
> For help chaging these patterns of thinking, read this article How to Overcome Being Infested With Worms Phobia.
- Obsessive Thoughts
- Difficulty thinking about anything other than the fear
- Really bad images and/or movies of worm infestation
- Feelings of unreality or of being detached from yourself
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of fainting
- Anticipatory Anxiety: Persistent worrying about upcoming events that involve worm infestation
- Terror: A persistent and overwhelming fear of the same
- Desire to Flee: An intense instinct to leave the situation (which is tough when its purely in the mind)
While not generally experienced at the same time as being infested with worms phobia episode, we find that overall when they think about their past, most clients have elevated levels of one or more of:
- Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt & Guilt
- Dizziness, shaking, palpitations.
- Shortness of breath or smothering sensation
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Trembling or shaking
- Feeling of choking
- Nausea or stomach distress
- Feeling unsteady, dizzy, lightheaded, or faint
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Hot or cold flashes
- Get One on One Help:
The VIP Program for Being Infested With Worms Phobia
- Get the Home Study Program:
Vanquish Fear & Anxiety for Being Infested With Worms Phobia
Or learn more about Being Infested With Worms Phobia: