Symptoms: Friends of the Fear
Every case of vomiting due to air sickness fear is a little different.
Why? Because the core of the problem – the patterns of thinking, the images, movies, sounds and dialog that are internally associated with air vomiting – are different in each person.
(Note that most cures offered for vomiting due to air sickness fear – expecially using drugs and medications – will tackle only the symptoms, not the thinking that is the actual core of the problem).
But while the 'internal representations' as they are called are different from person to person there are a number of symptoms which are common to many aeronausiphobes:
- A feeling of uncontrollable anxiety when you think about or are exposed to air vomiting
- The feeling that you must do everything possible to avoid air vomiting
- The inability to function normally because of your anxiety
- Often, the knowledge that your fears are unreasonable or exaggerated but feeling powerless to control them
Aeronausiphobic symptoms can be mental, emotional and physical. The anxiety and fear can go from mild feelings of apprehension to a full-blown panic attack.
Typically, the closer you are to what you’re afraid of, the greater your fear will be. You can test the severity of your problem with this 2-minute online vomiting due to air sickness fear test.
But because the fear is a physical response to patterns of thinking about air vomiting and not the actual air vomiting almost all people with vomiting due to air sickness fear can create a very strong reaction just by using their mind.
> For help chaging these patterns of thinking, read this article How to Overcome Vomiting Due to Air Sickness Fear.
- Obsessive Thoughts
- Difficulty thinking about anything other than the fear
- Really bad images and/or movies of air vomiting
- Feelings of unreality or of being detached from yourself
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of fainting
- Anticipatory Anxiety: Persistent worrying about upcoming events that involve air vomiting
- Terror: A persistent and overwhelming fear of the same
- Desire to Flee: An intense instinct to leave the situation (which is tough when its purely in the mind)
While not generally experienced at the same time as vomiting due to air sickness fear episode, we find that overall when they think about their past, most clients have elevated levels of one or more of:
- Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt & Guilt
- Dizziness, shaking, palpitations.
- Shortness of breath or smothering sensation
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Trembling or shaking
- Feeling of choking
- Nausea or stomach distress
- Feeling unsteady, dizzy, lightheaded, or faint
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Hot or cold flashes
- Get One on One Help:
The VIP Program for Vomiting Due to Air Sickness Fear
- Get the Home Study Program:
Vanquish Fear & Anxiety for Vomiting Due to Air Sickness Fear
Or learn more about Vomiting Due to Air Sickness Fear: