Symptoms: Friends of the Fear
Every case of fear of celestial space is a little different.
Why? Because the core of the problem – the patterns of thinking, the images, movies, sounds and dialog that are internally associated with stars or space – are different in each person.
But while the 'internal representations' as they are called are different from person to person there are a number of symptoms which are common to many astrophobes:
- A feeling of uncontrollable anxiety when you think about or are exposed to stars or space
- The feeling that you must do everything possible to avoid stars or space
- The inability to function normally because of your anxiety
- Often, the knowledge that your fears are unreasonable or exaggerated but feeling powerless to control them
Astrophobic symptoms can be mental, emotional and physical. The anxiety and fear can go from mild feelings of apprehension to a full-blown panic attack.
Typically, the closer you are to what you’re afraid of, the greater your fear will be. You can test the severity of your problem with this 2-minute online fear of celestial space test.
But because the fear is a physical response to patterns of thinking about stars or space and not the actual stars or space almost all people with fear of celestial space can create a very strong reaction just by using their mind.
> For help chaging these patterns of thinking, read this article How to Overcome Fear of Celestial Space.
- Obsessive Thoughts
- Difficulty thinking about anything other than the fear
- Really bad images and/or movies of stars or space
- Feelings of unreality or of being detached from yourself
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of fainting
- Anticipatory Anxiety: Persistent worrying about upcoming events that involve stars or space
- Terror: A persistent and overwhelming fear of the same
- Desire to Flee: An intense instinct to leave the situation (which is tough when its purely in the mind)
While not generally experienced at the same time as fear of celestial space episode, we find that overall when they think about their past, most clients have elevated levels of one or more of:
- Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt & Guilt
- Dizziness, shaking, palpitations.
- Shortness of breath or smothering sensation
- Palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Trembling or shaking
- Feeling of choking
- Nausea or stomach distress
- Feeling unsteady, dizzy, lightheaded, or faint
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Hot or cold flashes
- Get One on One Help:
The VIP Program for Fear of Celestial Space
- Get the Home Study Program:
Vanquish Fear & Anxiety for Fear of Celestial Space
Or learn more about Fear of Celestial Space: